RE: Powerdyne Intercooler/Heat Exchanger

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 14:20:39 EST

Update 11/10/01: We took her out for the maiden voyage (after fixing a
few minor leaks) and filled the Cool-Can with crushed ice and water, and
added some ice to the reservoir as well. Initial results: WOW!! The
cooler on the radiator was ice cold, the Cool-Can was (obviously ice
cold), the inlet side of the "Cool-Toob" was cold, and the return was
slightly warmer than the inlet (Coils doing their job). Even the
bumper, where we zip-tied the lines to, was cold!

Acceleration at WOT was noticeably better and we were able to hit 90mph
much quicker than before (we'll have to test the truck at the track, but
we know what she can do already and it's definitely noticeable). The
pump we're using is a little bit on the loud side but will be replaced
with a pump found on the Ford Lightning's (very quiet and much more
efficient). Otherwise, we've got a winner!! :)

- Bernd