ABS light on now!

From: jay & dana (jay&dana@telus.net)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 15:39:11 EST

Why did this happen? Was behind a Ferd van when at the last second SHE
decided to stop and make a right hand turn without signaling and no brake
lights working. So I had to hit the binders hard and came within 6 inches
of her back bumper. Just as I came to a stop (front tires squealing) I
heard a slight "clunk" coming from the rear of the truck (97, 318, 5 speed,
rear wheel ABS only),just as I let up on the brake pedal. NOW my ABS light
on the dash stays on. Everything still seems to work fine just that clunk
and now the light on makes me wonder. I tried to reset the computer but
nothing. Any ideas?

TIA
Jay