RE: R/T SHOOTOUT MAGAZINE

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 16:03:41 EST

Chris, have you ever been to LACR??? It was non-prepared, 2750', 104 F,
40% humidity... I drove 165 miles straight there, no cool down, then
ran 3 passes down the track back to back. Had Russ Crow drive one pass
so I could get a video of my own truck (and he beat my best time by
.05!)

Needless to say, it wasn't anything to do with the drivers, just very
poor conditions.

Corrected times would put my 15.4 to a 14.2-3 range (which I have backed
up under higher temps than standard, and 1700'). So I know at a good,
sea-level track, that's prepared... I could run a 14.1, low 14.2s...

But it was fun, so that's all that matters really. M1 and an F&B makes
a world of difference.

Sam