Re: Tire selection advice

From: mrdancer (mrdancer2@home.your.underwear.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 08:26:13 EST

I really like my Firestone SH30's, but I don't think they come in a stock
size. The ones I have are two inches shorter diameter than the OEM tires,
so it lowers the truck one inch (without messing up suspension geometry!).
I fixed the speedo problem by installing a bicycle computer (Sigma BC800).
Truck handles way better and has much more traction than previous tires used
(General XP, Michelins and stock Badyears). The truck also stops much
quicker.

--
Remove .your.underwear to reply
--
""Sam South"" <sawcut64@mediaone.net> wrote in message
> Ok everyone I need some advice on tire selection. I've been running Futura
> Super Sport(Pep Boys) 295/50/15's on the rear and they SUCK for straight
> line traction. I have a 5-speed with a 3.90 gear and a built 360, so I
know
> anything short of a drag tire is going to give me less then ideal
traction.
> What I want is a street tire that gives good straight line traction and
> still handles decent in a 15" rim size, so I guess that leaves out Drag
> Radials or similar tires. I was thinking of trying BFG Euro T/A's
> 305/50/15's in the rear and BFG Radial T/A's 255/60/15 in the front.
Anyone