Deer me!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 20:45:53 EST

Hey, DML!
I know somebody out there just matzohed their DAK with a deer & I came
within a couple of feet of doing the same last nite. I was on the way
back from the gf's parents' place at sunset & within 2 miles of my house
on a back road, when a doe bolted out of the woods on the right about
100 feet in front of me. Going about 40, I slowed because around here
the deer start to "herd-up" when the temps drop, & I figgered there'd be
another. Bigger'n doo-doo, another doe followed the first & crossed the
road (about 50 feet from me). I was still moving (20mph?) - no other
sign of wildlife - so I hit the Go pedal & damn! A doe darts out! I
hammer the Powerslot pedal & clutch, she veers hard to her left to avoid
me & she gets broadsided (no pun) by another doe! First time I ever saw
that! The 4th one musta been airborne - clearing the ditch - when she
t-boned the 3rd one! I just stopped right there in the road & sat &
tried to breathe & get my heartbeat back to normal & stop laughing. I
was afraid to move, cuz I've seen as many as 20 or more crossing the
roads in my area & I really wasn't in a venison mood.
Anyhoo, the good thing is that the DAKSY & I survived this time. Bad
thing is, pretty soon the bullets will be flying out of those same woods
when deer season opens. Susan's (gf) boss got hit by a stray bullet last
year driving down the Thruway! Fortunately, the bullet's impact was
somewhat deadened by the car door & he only got a shallow wound to his
shoulder...7 - 8 inches higher & it woulda went in his ear!
Wish us upstate NYers luck!
L8r,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
1 of 980 2K SY V-6 DAKS mfrd

For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

 (ps, we're still working on it!
me on the DAKSY & Susan on the webpage...)