Re: R/T Tire Question --Dunlop

From: blackdak@mindspring.com
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 07:33:05 EST

I have a set of the 255/55/17's on my truck right now. I love them. I've got close to 20k on them and plenty of tread left. They have plenty of stick. I would defintely put another set on my truck.

Alex
97 CC V8 5spd
dakota-truck@buffnet.net wrote:
> Has anyone seen or tried these tires?
I see Dunlop now has a direct replacement tire for the R/Ts in the 255/55X17
size. It is a light truck tire called Sport Rover GTX (good old mopar
trademark). High performance light truck radial approved for rim widths
7.5-9.0.
Has the center rain groove, all weather tread and siped edges. Treadwear rating
410. I am tired of these 180 rated goodyears that don't last 20k miles. These
are supposed to be at least 50,000 mile tires.