Transmission Dipstick!

From: Benjamin Erickson-Farrer (dakman47@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 17:38:06 EST

I have a 2001 Dakota Club Cab 4X4 with the 4.7L auto. The transmission
dipstick does not seat correctly, it stays about half an inch above the
proper location, and if you push it down, it springs back up again. It
seems like the dipstick is too long. We also have a 2002 Jeep Liberty (3
months older) with the same transmission and it does the same thing. The
dealership has tried to bend the dipstick because they said it was no bent
correctly but it still doesn’t fit. Also, this is a Canadian model truck (I
don’t think that it will make a difference.)