2000 Dakota tach wire and neutral safety switch?

From: Jason Proffitt (jlp@provide.net)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 18:35:45 EST

Hello,

I am planning on installing a remote starter/alarm soon and am gathering
information on wiring. Could someone with a FSM or Haynes manual let me
know where the neutral safety switch is located on a 2000 Dakota 4.7L auto?
I need to know if it is in the steering column or at the transmission to
make sure I wire the remote starter safely. I understand that some Dakotas
have the neutral safety switch in the steering column and will require an
extra relay to ensure the truck does not start in gear.

I also would appreciate if anyone can tell me what color the tach wire is,
either at the PCM or under the dash on the 4.7L since I can't use the coil
as on the 3.9 or 5.9.

Thanks in advance,
Jason