Re: 2002 interior

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 21:49:24 EST

You`re right. Just part of DC`s attempt to reduce
cost. They asked their suppliers to make parts cheaper
and sell them cheaper last year,so it may get worse.
My 2001 has the same interior. There is no longer any
padding whatsoever,and it looks like a 1989 model. But
I didn`t buy mine for the interior,so much. The
drivetrain was the big selling point for me. Steve
P.
--- Puddlestompa@aol.com wrote:
> first of all I don't know if the 2001 interiors are
> the same as the 2002, and
> also i don't know if the SXT interiors are different
> that normal, but I sat
> in a brand new 2002 SXT at the dealer yesterday and
> the interior was really
> cheap. Everything was squared off and the plastic
> seemed thin, I don't know
> what it was but it looked much older than my 98
> interior, reminded me of like
> the late 90s tacomas I have been in. Seats were
> nice, but the dash just felt
> like a basic truck.
>
> Aaron
> Vancouver, Wa
> 98 2WD 2.5L 4cyl RC
> http://www.hometown.aol.com/puddlestompa/mydak.html

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.