Front Tow Hooks on 2000 Dakota 4.7L

From: Brian Bourne (Brian@cms.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 17:27:46 EST

Short Version:
---------------------
Does anyone have heavy duty tow hooks on a 2000 or later Dakota 4x4?

Long Version:
--------------------
I currently have a 2000 Dakota 4x4 with the 4.7L motor.

When I purchased with truck a year ago, I had the dealer install heavy
duty front tow hooks as I intended to do some offroading with it. The
first time I used the tow hooks to do any serious pulling, they pivoted
forward and moved the bumper with them. I have since discovered that
the receiver was bolted up to the frame but not back against the cross
member. The truck is now at the dealer who is telling me that the tow
hooks currently installed on my truck fit 1994-1999 Dakota's but not
2000 and later. This makes sense to me as until 1999 the Dakota came
with the 5.2L. As of year 2000 the truck is a 4.7L so it makes some
sense that the front subframe is different.

But this begs the question - is anything available for my 2000 truck?
Do any of you offroad with your 2000 or newer Dakota?

Thanks so much.

Ps. Pictures of my last offroad adventure are at
http://www.crazyass.ca/dakota/offroad3/offroad3.htm

Regards,

Brian Bourne