Re: Re: MP Head Porting Template Kit

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 15:25:29 EST

At 10:39 AM 11/21/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Bob, Doug, what tool do you guys recommend to do
>a good porting job? Will a dremel do or is this a job for
>compressed air tools only? Thanks! GS -

A dremel or equiv. grinder with a selection of grinding burrs
and cartridge rolls should do fine, GS.

I just returned from ordering the kit. It apparently comes
with a comprehensive set of instructions. Estimated porting
time for completion for the pair of heads is 15-20 hours
(best to take your time with extreme care). Estimated
air flow gain COULD be as high as 15% over stock with
the same valve sizes, with even bigger gains possible
on the exhaust side.

I don't know if there's less demand for the kit what with
the R/T cast iron heads and the aluminum heads on
the market but my cost was less than $28.00CDN.

HTH. Bob