Re: 3/8" billet aluminum belly pan?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 16:13:33 EST

While it may alleviate the problems we have with the belly pan gasket, it won't
entirely eliminate them. You've still got 2 dissimilar metals slapped together
at a mating surface, with different coeficcients of expansion. While the pan
won't "blow out" as readily because of the thickness, there will still be the
problem of holes getting slightly misaligned because things expand/contract at
different rates.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com