Re: Should I change the fluid?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 00:31:38 EST

Well, first instinct would have me tell you: "GEEZ! 128K! Get that stuff
changed before it blows up tomorrow!", but some things are better left
unchanged, IE: don't mess with success. I'd venture to say that if your
tranny has 128K on it, it's probably ready to give up anyway. That's a lot
of miles on an automatic/od to begin with and if it's never had it's fluid
changed you can bet the internals aren't in great shape. That's not to say
you won't get 200K out of your transmission, I just wouldn't expect
that!(Hey, crazier things have happened, ya know). So, I guess my ultimate
decision would be to say this: Don't change it, it's still working! Take the
$40-$50 you would spend having it changed and start saving up for a
rebuild!! Sorry,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html