Control Arm Bushing Shot

From: CashDudeHomie (CashDudeHomie@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 19:37:55 EST

Hey guys I was flushing the radiator today on the 98 Dak and made a bad
discovery!!! The rear bushing on the right upper control arm has split
and is about to fall off! I read somewhere once that this happens all of
the time because it is only about 1 inch from the header on that side,
if that much. I was wondering if a polyurethane bushing would work
better, and if it is safe to just use a polyurethane bushing in that one
place and leave the factory bushings everywhere else? Also is it very
hard to pull the control arm? Thanks guys!!