RE: cable modem tweak

From: Jerry Lee (jerry.429@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 19:21:37 EST

To the cable modem users
On the cable/dsl tweaks: Go to dslreports.com and use the dslr tools. go to
a menu that has tweaks at the top. Click on the arrow and choose rwin from
the menu.Scroll down and you will find a block that has several files to
download.
I chose the win2k huge file.(I'm running XP). It changes the receive window
size and let you download faster. My cable modem has clocked at over 3500k
downloads and averages over 1100 on most days.
Use toast.net to test your performance. Choose their free performance test.
I have Charter cable in Gainesville GA and that is the site that the install
tech used to test my setup.
If I can help email me @ jerry.429@home.com.
Jerry Lee
1998 Purple Dak