99 V6 Auto tranny woes!!!

From: Edward Falsename (msnbcnnbcbs@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 21:51:24 EST

Im hoping someone can give me some info on whats happend to my dak, long
post, but here goes....

I'm heading home 2 days ago from school, and I get on the freeway. I do my
usual accelerating to get into the left lane (moderate throttle) when the
truck suddenly surges forward, like i had done a WOT. I didnt think much of
it till I released the peddel and i looked at the RPM's. They were reading
3300...at 60mph!!! (3.55 open case rear end)

I first thought the tranny had locked out overdrive for some reason, messing
with the O/D button did nothing. SO I kept on until i had to stop to pay a
toll. When i slowed to a stop i didnt feel the shift into first like it
normally does. SO when im about to pull out...NO POWER! It felt like the
tranny was stuck and i was accelerating from a stop in third gear!

I lurched forward, with minimall aceelerating capabilities, not wanting to
mess with the column shifter until i had reached the dealer. When i got into
the parking lot I shoved the shifter into 2nd. Lo and behold i got a really
violent shift...into second! at 5mph!

So anyway, i got the truck back yesturday, according to the service report
they:

1. replaced a transmission output sensor
2. flushed and refilled the tranny oil, and
3. did a valve body recondition!?

what exactly is a vavle body recondition, and why did they have to do it for
something simple like a bad sensor???? I have a feeling this is worse than
they told me.

Now the tranny is slipping from first to second, overall shifting is SLOPPY
at best, and I have a feeling im going to have a major hole in my wallet
when the warrenty runs out.

Needless to say im VERY PISSED. I've already had 2 cat converters replaced,
an oil leak, my ball joints are shot to hell, and the stock battery recently
died on me leaving me stranded.

For anyone with any tranny experience, what are the long term effects?

thanks
msnbcnnbcbs
99 RC V6 Auto

(oh yeah, the truck has 14,500 miles on it and the warrenty expires in 6
months (gasp!))