Re: Re: Moble 1 Vs. Pennzoil

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 20:41:36 EST

Almost every mechanic I know, and I work with 6 of them, says Penz is the worst
oil you can use from a sludge standpoint. I don't personally know this because
I have not used anything but synthetic oil in all my veichles since it was
invented. We just tore down a 96 Ferd F150 today that has 182k miles on it
using Penz and it is about as bad slugged up as any engine I have ever seen.
However, I don't know the service history of this truck. I can tell you there
are many signs of extreme friction such as rainbow like tarnish on the cylinder
walls and the valve cover drains were completely stopped up.