Tuff country suspension RE: new guy on the block

From: branning sung (brannings@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 18:43:37 EST

     Haven't heard about the lift being from les schwabb tires. I ordered
directly from the company www.tuffcountry.com and not really sure who they
may be affiliated with. The ride is a little stiffer than stock (I feel
that the stock ride was too soft) but all around handling is pretty good.

I did have several problems with the lift

     -getting the parts here was a problem and after they arrived, lots of
stuff missing

     -the center link is bent differently than stock leaving the tie rods
very close to the rims, even touching them at times. The company said that
I must have switched the tie rods, I assured them that was not the case and
even switched the tie rods around to humor them making the space even
smaller I might add. In the end, I just bought rims with a smaller
backspacing. 3 and 5/8 compared to somewhere over 5" for the stocks

     -tuff country has a bump stop that sits under the lower control arm at
full compression it sits about 4-5 inches from the ground. I took a plasma
and welder and relocated this bracket back to a more stock location between
the upper and lower a arms. This probably got me back 4-5 inches of
clearance.

So in answer to Kevin's question, after all that, I love the dak with the
lift.

Nice Truck, Isnt the Tuff Country lift from Les Schwabb Tires? And how do
you like the Dak with the lift kit ,compared to stock...?