Re: XM Radio-don' buy

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 01:17:28 EST

In a message dated 2/3/02 10:20:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jim76712@swbell.net writes:

> It does cost 9.95 per month and like everything else it may go up. As to
> competition with local radio stations,
> Clear channel broadcasting owns most of XM radio and also 85% of the radio
> stations left in the country. I don't care for Clear channel but they are
> like Time/Warner Cable and many other broadcasters that have a monopoly in
> this country.
> Either you want the service and are willing to pay for it or you don't. XM
> radio is going to be a factory item on many luxury cars starting with the
> 2003
> models. Gm/Delco may offer XM in all its 2003 models as an option. I am
> afraid it is hear to stay.

Yes, but that does not make Jack's argument less valid. He did make a great
point about people's trivial spending and thier not saving for retirement.
Social security will prolly be gone or underfunded at some point and the only
thing we might have as old codgers is our savings.