nascar center caps

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 23:17:45 EST

A couple of people have asked about the Nascar center caps I have on my
American Racing AR-767 wheels. They can be seen as part of the
background on my old webpage (erols still hasnt made the link
inoperable) and if I must say, the background picture is one of the
coolest photos I've ever taken.

http://users.erols.com/shetland/index/index.html

If you dont believe me, save the background picture to file, then pull
it up in a picture processing program and check it out by itself
(assuming you know how to do this) Also check out the R/T wheel that is
the background photo on the "my vehicles" link. The small thumbnail you
will click on is of my AR-767 and the cap.

http://users.erols.com/shetland/index/My_Vehicles.html

Anyway, the cap is black with a machined and clearcoated "bearing cap"
like you'd see on a Nascar race car. The decal came off of one wheel
last year when the clearcoat peeled, but American Racing gave me another
cap and I had to get one new decal made. We have a lot of salt on the
roads here in the winter and that may have been the culprit (these are
my winter wheels) If anyone would like to see what my black R/T looked
like when the silver skunk stripes and these wheels were on it, let me
know and I can forward a pic, or someone let me know if they want to
post a couple pics.

Patrick