RE: What are the Dodge designers smoking???

From: s_villaire@yahoo.com
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 07:58:30 EST

My buddy with a new Ford busts my balls every time I change my oil. It
seems Ford mounts a molded plastic piece on the crossmember, under the oil
filter. When the oil runs out of the filter as he loosens it, the oil drips
onto this plastic piece, and neatly runs in front of the cross member and
drips into his drain pan. When he's done, he wipes the plastic piece with a
rag, and no mess!

I usually stick a chunk of tin foil on the cross member before I remove the
filter, molding it where the oil will flow. It works OK, but usually when
the oil hits it, it knocks it aside and I have a mess anyway. Can anybody
figure out what we could mount on the cross member that would work on the
Dodges?

Scott

My 2002 Ram has the exact same plastic piece for the oil to drip into. It
makes it much less messy to change the oil! Much easier than my old 2000
Dak with the stupid "door" to get to the oil filter.

2002 Ram RC 4X4 4.7l, 45RFE,
3.92 limited-slip, Flowmaster,
180* T-stat, Homebrew cold air intake.
Viper 550ESP, Sony MP3 head unit, DEI 1100D, 2 10" Audiobahn subs
Extang Tuff Tono III, Limo tint