draining antifreeze

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 22:29:16 EST

Thanks to all who responded about my petcock questions yesterday. I
gave it some gentle persuasion and it popped out and everything was
fine.
  I must admit, the plenum gasket was a pretty extensive job. Another
1/2 hour and I could have had the heads laying on the floor. If anyone
is curious what I found: 1/4 cup of oil in the bottom of the intake,
and the plenum gasket bulged out in about a 6 inch section of the
gasket, with a completely open whole right into the intake from the
lifter valley.
  No wonder the thing sucked oil so bad and pinged its tail off!
  I have pics if anyone wants to post them
Patrick