Re: Re: What

From: Mike Styer (m_styer@go.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 19:46:25 EST

Jon,
I got my class III hitch off my buddies truck before he took it to the scrapper. A decent salvage yard will probably have a hitch you can use.

Personally, my class III hitch has never worried me. I too do not feel comfortable bumper towing anything. Motorcycle trailers, utility trailers, even a 30' trailer with about 3500 lbs of telephone pole and large timber have all towed without any shakiness or bends in the hitch or frame. The stoutness has even saved the bumper and tailgate serious damage by absorbing a tree once (the truck moved, not the tree).

Mike Styer
www.geocities.com/geek_farm?truck.html