Re: Exhaust question / True Duals

From: dwmagnum (dwmagnum@mountaincable.net)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 23:53:53 EST

I have true duals on my 94 V8 Dak. 1/4 mile times droped from 14.9 to
14.40s. I did not loose any torque. In fact more torque seems to be the
best improvement on this mod. Join the two pipes side by side, kind of
like an X and install the sensor above the X for an even flow reading
from both sides of the engine. You will be very happy with this mod. I
used 2 1/4" mufflers and pipes with 2 1/2" HI PO converters. DW 94 RC
V8, 89 Shelby Dak 69 Super B

Jim Miller wrote:

> I would not recommend true duals on a V6. I am not sure it is good on a 318
> either. You may not loose mileage but you will probably loose torque and you do
> not want to do that. I do recommend high flow converters though.
>
> John wrote:
>
> > Me again, I am getting ready to put a new exhaust on my 3.9, does any body
> > on the list have a true dual exhaust, I know it has to be custom made, but I
> > am worried about losing gas mileage because lack of back pressure, any
> > suggestions on the way to go.

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/