Another front-end noise.....

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 10:29:43 EST

Hey DAKnuts!

It sounds like I have another noise from my '01 front end. This is not the
same as the first -- full turn left or right with the lower control arm
rubbing the stop on the knuckle. Since discovering this, I do not turn the
wheel all the way while moving. I back off the wheel from full about 30
degrees to still get the turn radius.

This noise is a vibration type sound. While going around a curve (say an
on/off ramp) to the left, not the right, it sounds like the front shock is
loose. There is no popping sound (cab bolts), this just sounds like
something is loose up there. Anyone else experience this?

I've made an appointment to take her in, just wanted your experiences for
solid ammo ;) Thanks all!!

Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 256,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1!