Re: Fire Story

From: Punch (2punch.crash2000@rogers.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 23:32:41 EST

I posted this info yesterday did it not arrive?

jeeps and rams recall!

Rick

Quoted from an RV newsgroup:

DETROIT (Feb. 12) - The Chrysler arm of DaimlerChrysler AG will recall about
585,000 Jeeps and pickups for two separate problems, federal regulators said
Tuesday.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Chrysler would
recall
316,148 Jeep Wrangler sport utility vehicles made between June 1989 and
December 1995 to fix parking brakes that can release on their own without
warning.

Chrysler will also recall 268,740 Dodge Ram pickups to fix an alternator
wire
that can come loose and create a fire hazard. That recall covers 2001 model
year pickups built between January and August 2000.

Chrysler spokeswoman Angela Spencer Ford said there had been 11 complaints
about the Wrangler's parking brakes, including four injuries. Dealers will
install a stiffer spring in the parking brake to fix the problem.

She said there had been two reports of fires in Ram pickups, with no
injuries.
To fix the Rams, dealers will check the wires and tighten the connections if
necessary.

Federal regulators said Chrysler had not given a timetable for performing
the
repairs

--
98 Dakota,CC,V6,Homebrew,Dynomax-Cat-Back,3923's,BFG-KO's,Jet-Stage-II.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ed Halterman" <OLZNUT@webtv.net> To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 11:16 PM Subject: Re: DML: Fire Story