Next Performance step?

From: Joseph Noonan (jnoonan@electrospec-inc.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 20:07:35 EST

Well I wasn't going to put any more $$$ into my 01 Dak but....

I'm not happy with current performance. I first put a Flowmaster series 40 on, Love it , has the Sound I wanted.Then a Z-Tube with
9" proflow great kick in pants accel complimented the Muffler well had good overall performance increase. Then I did 70mm TB
install. It changed everything. The low end from a dead stop was fantastic. Immediate throttle response takes off like knowbody's
business now in 1st and 2nd and will lay down a great holeshot but that's it. Around town cruising or kicking down a gear when
accelerating , nothing. Bogs down completely. No Midrange power whatsoever. 70+ highway it will wind out nice. So what is the
cheapest bang for the buck to get lost midrange?

TIA,

Joe (yes reset PCM and have about 2k miles on current set-up)
01 cc 4.7 auto 3.55

PS Could use good source for a 3" to 4" adapter for my Z-Tube to TB connection. Not happy with the solution I'm using. which is a
3-4 thick rubber adapter from Lowes plumbing section. Has good seal but really large and bulky.