Re: Clear Corners and 2000 7krpm Gauge Faces

From: stcr (stcr@lvcm.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 01:36:42 EST

Original Messages:

 <http://www.procarparts.com>>> they show them for 45.00 Pr. and what is the universal wiring kit for, dont
>> the stock bulb sockets fit inside the clears? I assume these are made by
>> APC?? I need answers thanx.

ProCarParts seems to be the regular place to get clear corners for direct purchases. E-bay is another great place to get clear corners as long as you can wait for auctions to end. The regular clear corners had their sockets designed around the 1997-1999 sockets which came with a soft rubber 4-prong socket. Those of us with newer trucks have a rigid plastic 2-prong socket that is not the same size, so APC threw in one of the soft sockets in case you had to swap them out. Not really a design flaw on APC's part, it's another one of those quirky Daimler-Chrysler part changes that I still can't figure out why they did it except to massively screw the aftermarket accessories market. BTW - The new diamond clears are designed around the newer 2-prong rigid socket and don't come with any other wiring, I'm not sure what older trucks need to do in order to make these lenses work properly.

>> From: "Kevin Reimer"
>> I am trying to find a white guage face for my Dak, and all I find are the
>> 6,000 rpm ones, mine is a 7,000 rpm on my 2K. I was told good luck by a well
>> known manufacture named nr faces. wwwnrauto.com / Any one know of
>> another Co.?

The two biggest aftermarket gauge manufacturers are NR Auto and Nu Image. Neither company makes a gauge face for the 2000 model trucks which shipped with a 7000rpm tachometer. I've seen a set of cheap indiglo gauges on e-bay advertising the 2000/7000rpm combination, that would be the place to look. I haven't been able to find the manufacturer or a regular link to put on my website as of yet. Once I find a reliable source for these I'll add it to my aftermarket accessories page.

- Steve Feiler
2001 Silver CC R/T
http://www.dakota-durango.com