More front end popping

From: Tom (Silver89) (Silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 04:08:36 EST

When I had the 4x4 serviced, a fwe of the things I had replaced were the
ball joints, upper and lower on both sides, the CV boot on the drivers side
(it was torn opwn and exposed - not sure for how long - I bought it that
way) and I had the idler arm replaced.

Heres the problem... Whenever I stop on the gas.. or step on teh brake... I
can feel in the steering wheel and the brake pedel... very pronounced
popping/clunking. I had never driven the truck prior to the front end being
serviced. So I have nothing to compare it to. Now obviously that could be
caused by ball joints etc... but is there anything else that could be
causing it? anything I should have the mechanic check? The ball joints are
under warrenty and I should be able to have them replaced/serviced if they
are bad or were improperly installed.

"That one has a strange blue neon thing... I'm guessing theres cocane up
there" - Eddie Vedder

Tom (Silver98)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2
1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow