Re: Re: Low Idle Speed and Stalling

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 21:19:34 EST

Baddakota@aol.com wrote:

> I am having a problem with my 97 V-6 Dakota. It will start up fine and then
> it idles real low and sometimes stalls. Also seems to idle lower and stall
> when I put it in reverse. It runs fine with my foot on the pedal, just has a
> problem idling. I have a Flowmetrics TB, IAT Adjuster, and Jacobs ignition. I
> unhooked the ignition and it still does the same thing. Also does it with the
> IAT adjuster off and on. Anyone have any ideas on this?
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike Stepp

2 possible solutions.

1st, easiest.
dirty connections to power computer or
idle adjuster selonid.

unbolt harness plug, clean comp. end and
plug end w/ "elec. contact cleaner"
get a sm tube of dielectric grease and plaster
it in all the female holes.
on the plug!!
get your minds out of the gutter ;)

be careful screwing the plug back in and make
sure the plug can be pushed/rocked in by hand
so you dont bend any of the 50+ contact terminals :)

2nd,
could be a stuck/frozen "idle speed adjuster"
at throttle linkage there should be a fat selonid
looking thing w/ 3+ wires going to it and an idle
adj. screw.

if you a mechanical type and can take stuff apart and
put it back together ;p, just remove it (2-3 screws)
from TB and take selonid apart, lube gears w/ moly
or a qual. grease and clean motor shaft/bushings.
its a 10-15 min job.

--
http://www.kencofish.com  401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.