"defective exhaust" ticket-NOT GUILTY!!

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 21:25:16 EST

Hey all,

    Just had my day in court on the "defective exhaust" ticket I got here in
Garfield Hts., OH. I presented all my sound measurements and inspection list
to the court showing that the noise level was within the legal limits (under
80 db when measured over 35mph no less than 50 feet from the center of the
line of travel). I also informed the court that the officer did not even look
at the exhaust system much less measure the sound level in any way. They
dropped the charge, A bigg thanks to all those who helped me with legal
resources and info on db meters, God bless the men an women of the DML!!!

John S