RE: Re: RE: Re: Ball Joints\Control arm

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 09:47:26 EST

Will do. Thanks Chuck!

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Robbins [mailto:intense99dak@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 9:39 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: Re: RE: Re: Ball Joints\Control arm

I decided to replace the ball joints because I had quite a bit of the front
end torn apart because of the Hotchkis and Powerslot installation.I figured
now would be a good time to do them as I would probably be replacing them
very soon anyway based on the ball joints' track record in other Dakota's
(need replacing by 30,000 miles).

I would highly doubt that the rivets are the cause of your noise. These
things were in very tight and there was no room for movement. You probably
have bad ball joints (my lowers were bad according to the shop who took them
out ... 23K miles). Either that or check the control arm bushings. These are
notorious for going bad as well.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport

""Sevrence, Sean (S.J.)"" <ssevrenc@visteon.com> wrote in message news:200202201416.g1KEG2F32059@dymwsm12.mailwatch.com... > Hey Chuck! > > Just a quick question for you....what made you decide to replace the ball > joints? I have a hunch that the rivets along with the crappy roads here in > Detroit are the source of my noise in the front end. Just curious. Thanks! > > Sean > '92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 256,000mi! > '01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1 - 36,400! > http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU