Re: Ford has announced production for the GT-40

From: Chris Rininger (crininger@rlstark.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 14:57:00 EST

Car and Driver had a segment on the car. No offense to Dodge, but this baby is
sweeeet!!

In a nut shell, they don't know what type of power the car will have, but it will
be based upon the 5.4 liter motor. I don't know if it will be SOHC or DOHC as I
can't remember. Either way, it will be more that likely have some type of boost.

When asked about top speed, ford stated that there was no target other than the
car had to be stable up to 160. Asking about acceleration and what would have to
happen if a Viper pulled up as a stop light, they stated that obviously the GT-40
would have to defend its honor!

The construction is pretty slick too. I'll have to dig that article out again.
Maybe you can find it on the web.

THIS JUST IN... GO TO CARANDDRIVER.COM!!! HEADLINE READS: WILL FORD BUILD THIS
500HP VIPER BEATER... YES!