Re: R/T wheels on a 97' Dak Sport

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 11:31:16 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> To a point....yes. It also makes you slower with wider tires though.
>
> - Bernd

huh?

if tire height remains the same then width only affects traction.
rolling resistance "could" be affected if you have a 4cyl in
a 3/4 or 1 ton.

the "circumfrence",if drastic, can/will change power curve and
speed.

the 275/60/15 changed to 275/60/17 will give more
top speed and slightly less power off start.

have a friendly cop clock you w/ stock tires and you driving 35 MPH,
then change to the taller tires, clock again at same 35 MPH and his
radar will now read from around 38-45 MPH depending on size diff.
in the new tires.

HTH :)

p.s.
any good tire/speed shop will have the speedo. counter so a proper
replacement gear or adaptor can readjust speedo. to read correctly
and avoid tickets ;).

--
http://www.kencofish.com  401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.