Re: 12volt changing to 44volt in the next years..

From: KenCo (kenco.fish@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 19:19:11 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> : fwiw
> : a fuel injector selonoid does that now.
>
> True enough. It'd take a pretty beefy solenoid to work against a
> valve spring though, and usually as stuff gets bigger it gets slower.

scaled, the FI has more spring tension pushing a pintle
from the nozzle.
ive rebuilt many injectors,gas and diesel.

> I wonder what sort of cost these solenoids have? Who knows, with a
> solenoid design, perhaps the valve springs can be eliminated
> altogether, and the solenoid can pull the valve shut.

c h e a p :)

selonid technology is already there, just scale it up.

But all this isnt really needed since next gen engines will
probably be gas turbine types for trucks and dual fuel setups
like the elec. solar w/ gas generator types.

they have low gas consumption generators for recharging when
needed.

--
http://www.kencofish.com  401-781-9642

make a no-cost donation to save the rain forrests here http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=981743017

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.