Re: Re: Rear-wheel antilocks?

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 11:58:46 EST

Yes, you should. I did.
Streets were iced up here a while back and during the 1 1/2 hours I spend
slipping and sliding on an icy interstate, I could feel the brake pedal
pulsating and hear solenoids/relay? clicking when the rear wheels locked
up. Try locking it up it at slow speed first. You could run the ABS
diagnostics. They are separate from the engine diagnostics. On my '95 the
controls are above kick panel on the passenger side.

Victor Williams / Marietta GA
'95 DAK CC, 318 , 5 sp lsd, Jacobs Ign, Jardine catback.. 213k miles..

>Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:01:47 +0000 (UTC)
>From: andylevy@yahoo.com
>Subject: Re: DML: Re: Rear-wheel antilocks?
>
>If you have just rear ABS on your truck, will you be likely to feel it
when it comes on? I don't think >I've ever felt it, and I've tried on snow
& ice many times to lock things up. I even locked the fronts up >pretty
good and didn't feel any ABS pulse.