Re: well now! (4 door survey)

From: Mark Jackson (a0004096@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 07:43:23 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Punch" <2punch.crash2000@AHM.com>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 11:41 PM
Subject: DML: well now! (4 door survey)

> hmm, the wife is prego, so I have nine months to find a 4 door vehicle!
>
> I have some questions on the 4 door dakotas:
>
> general feelings on your 4 door?
>
> if gas mileage is no concern go with the 4.7 or the 5.9?
>
> would a Durango use more gas then a 5.9 Dakota 4 door?
>
> are the 4 door daks any bigger? it's gotta fit my current garage as a new
> house is now an afterthought!!
>
> punch
> --
> 98 Dakota,CC,V6,Homebrew,Dynomax-Cat-Back,3923's,BFG-KO's,Jet-Stage-II.

The setup works great for me. Four doors for the family and a bed for stuff
that I have to haul around (which don't happen often) Didn't want a SUV
(durango) because I figured tree branches wouldn't look good in the back.
Besides, the Durangos seem to bounce around a bit in the back (probably not
noticable unless someone else is driving).

My Dak fits in the garage and there's enough room to let the tail gate down
and still close the garage door. You'd have to measure your garage I guess.
If gas mileage is a concern I'd get the 4.7. It's a little better from what
I hear. If equipped with the same engine/transmission I would think the
lighter vehicle would use less fuel overall between a Dak and Durango...not
sure which one is lighter. I don't think the Durangos come with a 24 gallon
fuel tank though.

2000 Dak Quad 5.9 V8 3.55 gear completely stock...except for an antenna ball
and radar detector.