Re: Transfer Case Options

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 18:45:30 EST

Unless I'm mistaken, the 233 is also electronically shifted like the 244.

When the electronic-shift t-cases came out, I (and a few other people) expressed concern over their reliability, but we found out from a New Venture employee who's also a member (Pete Cutler) that it's the same transfer case as the 231, it just has a motor instead of a lever.

I think the 244 has a 2hi position as well, which works just like the 233 in 2hi mode. On these trucks, the front axles, diff and driveshaft are always spinning, regardless of what position the t-case is in - the difference is, in 2WD they're just spinning, being pushed by the motion of the truck, and in 4WD, they're being pushed by the engine.