Re: Re: well now! (4 door survey)

From: Mark Jackson (a0004096@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 19:38:33 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <andylevy@yahoo.com>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: DML: Re: well now! (4 door survey)

> "Mark Jackson" <a0004096@airmail.net> wrote:
>

> > Besides, the Durangos seem to bounce around a bit in the back (probably
not
> > noticable unless someone else is driving).
>
> Depends on the tire pressure your'e running, just like with the Daks. A
lot of Durango owners complain about this until they realize they're running
40+ PSI in the back - dropping to 35 all around smooths it out a lot.

> > If equipped with the same engine/transmission I would think the
> > lighter vehicle would use less fuel overall between a Dak and
Durango...not
> > sure which one is lighter. I don't think the Durangos come with a 24
gallon
> > fuel tank though.
>
> Durangos do come with the 24-gal tank (or is it 25 gal?) standard, at
least on most trim levels. The QC is at best 500 pounds lighter than an
identically equipped Durango, but its aerodynamics are worse.

40PSI, I'll have to check my boss' Durango. I just assumed it was because
of the shorter wheelbase.
I was under the impression that Durangos only came with a 22 gallon tank
from what my boss told me....I guess the old saying is true....bosses don't
know sh*t
Thanks for the info Andy