Re: CC and babyseats? oh the fear!!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 10:47:44 EST

At 05:56 PM 2/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
>who has had a babyseat in the back of CC dak's?

First, mucho congrats!

I can't remember if I have had a babyseat in (grand daughters) but
I have had toddler seats in the back of mine.

I believe that, in Ontario, babies have to be facing to the back
whereas toddlers don't. That back seat isn't very deep and
may not handle babyseats.

I have the 40-20-40 front bench and the base of some of the
toddler seats are just a bit too wide and deep to fit with
the center console (catches a corner). The toddler seats
are secured with the shoulder safety belt in the back.
With toddler seats, you don't have to have the front seat
fully forward. You also can't have the front seat fully
positioned back. Probably, mid-position and I recline
the back of the front seat as much as possible.
I also only use the passenger side if possible.

Once they have grown a bit (3-4 years old), you'll have
to be careful not to do sudden braking/accelerating as their
heads are very close to the back window and very easily
bang their heads on it.

HTH.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG