Re: 4.7 Vs. Sentra seR

From: Robert R.II (iicold@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 15:41:58 EST

By the way, to all of ya'll dogging these pocket rocket SE-Rs. Take in to
consideration that they save way more gas than our trucks, most of them are
cheaper in insurance, and they are way faster than our trucks are on top
end. Sure we can line up with them light to light but from a rolling start
at around 70-80, those cars are just getting started where as our trucks are
beginning to give out. So give the cars some credit. Nissan's Altima,
Maxima, and Sentra SE-R will hand any of our slightly modified Dakotas there
tail if we try to jump them on the freeway. Keep that in mind while you're
wondering while people are buying these pocket rockets. Remember, these
cars aren't wearing the governors that our trucks are. Also, with a little
change, you can make any Japanese engineered car about as fast as you want
to go. The same can't be said about our trucks (in road form). Think about
it guys, around here there are daily driver civics whooping on stock C5s.
Take caution before you assume an easy win.

Robert.

P.S. By the way, I love domestic cars and I'd never buy a Japanese designed
truck (maybe later), but I must give credit where it's due.