a simple oil change.. :) help?

From: John Henton (john@bigfrontyard.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 00:36:49 EST

  I was at my fathers house today, when I decided to change my engine
oil. All he had was one of those swivel oil filter wrenches, which is
kind of hard to use considering the small hole dodge gives you to work
with. Long story short, I accidentally yanked on the wire that leads to
a harness just above the filter (on a 2000 4.7) Is this the oil sensor,
or is it the sending unit? I'm not sure what the heck it is, all I know
is that the oil pressure gauge isn't working and I get a "check gauge"
light. Nothing is open on Sunday, so I couldn't find a service manual
to check it out.. I'll be trying to fix this tomorrow, but I thought I
would ask if you guys had any thought on this.. is it going to be an
easy fix? Hard? Should I let someone who has a little more of a clue fix
it? It appears that the plastic piece that goes into the block is
broken, which is after the harness that holds the wires together. Hope
this makes some sense to someone!

Thanks is appreciated in advanced, you guys are great.

--johnathan