Engine Swap

From: Gus (crtech@hot.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 12:43:37 EST

I am searching for a replacement engine for my 89 Dakota. It currently has
a 3.9L V6. Really only wanting to put the same engine back in it as I do
not have enough money to put in a V8. I have been told that I can put in a
Gen II engine as long as I get the wiring harness and computer. My question
is this. I have been checking with several junk yards and they say that I
will have to replace all the accessories, the exhaust manifold, and various
other parts. Is this correct?