Re: Dak of the Week

From: TonyC (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 19:56:52 EST

Congrats. Looks like bat wings on the back with the cover opened up.

K&N cleaning, pull it out, rap it on the ground, dirrty side down. Hold it
up to the sun. Can you see bits of light shining through? Good, oil it up
throw it back in.
If you can't, put laundry detergent in a bucket, and let it soak while you
do a plug change. Hose it out (NO PRESSURE) with a free flowing hose, swirl
it around over your head a few times to get the bulk of the water out, lay
it in the sun, drink a six pak, check it for dryness, oil it up throw it in.

Sorry about my tongue in cheek version, but in all seriousness, just knock
out the dirt and keep it oiled. Lack of oil will cause lack of filtering.

These filters actually work better when a bit dirty!!!! So don't worry
about them looking clean. I have a drop in with about 100K on it, and have
only cleaned it twice. The oil attracts the dirt, which makes it work
better, AS LONG as there is airflow thru it (see hold it up to the sun
above).

TonyC