RE: Re: RE: Re: Clutch gone in 32k

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 06:58:13 EST

Hey Robert!

Thanks for the update. Yeah, that is definitely a symptom of a problem. Too
bad your dealership sounds like a bunch of yahoos. Is there another
dealership you could take it to? Besides, That does not seem like a clutch
issue. That has everything to do with the syncro gears in the tranny not
wanting to engage. The clutch simply separates the syncros so you can engage
the gear of your choice. I'd get a hold of the service manager at your
dealer to describe the problem. The "write up guy" doesn't seem to be with
it :(

FYI, with the 3.92 gears, I typically start in 2nd gear. I only use 1st when
pulling the trailer or taking someone off the line ;)

Hope that helps!
Sean
'92 RC Sport 3.9L 5spd - 256,000mi!
'01 CC SLT+ 4.7L 5spd 3.92 LSD Mobil-1 - 37,700!
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/DnuuSncssJujU