Re: More performance mods? What to do?

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 16:58:44 EST

Bill,

What about headers? My JBAs are STILL sitting in my room.

I wouldn't be afraid of an E-fan. I've got a manual switch on my E-fan (the
one that comes with the AC option). When I turn that thing on the engine
gets icy cold. So if you can find another E-fan that's as powerful as that
one, you'll do fine in our "harsh" So. Cal summers.

Don't electric fans work better in traffic than mechanical anyways? They're
always blowing full power, while a mechanical looses power when you idle.
Some people have just plain removed the mechanical fan.

If and when you find an E-fan to replace the mechanical one, let me know I
might be interested in one too.

I wouldn't do the Cat. Or at least I'd do it dead last. Switch to a high
flow cat can give unpredictable results. You'll loose back pressure
resulting in less low end torque, which depending on where in the RPM band
you like to feel your HP could leave a bad impression on you.

Ignition systems?

You might be running out of those inexpensive high yield mods. It just
starts to get expensive from here.

Or you could just save you pennies for a blower!

How's that PCM working out for you?

Jay W