Re: Is this a dumb idea?

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 17:13:37 EST

Why is "Research and seat time" the only answer you ever get from an autoXer
when you say you want to go faster?

I already read two of the three links (I'm going to read turnfast when I get
home), and I get as much seat time as physically possible. I just want to
do some things so I'm not at such a disadvantage against heavily modded ESP
Cameros.

To all you nay sayers, I did some math. With all due respect to SEMIHEMIs
sucking abilities, I think the gate will produce better results. According
to my SWA (scientific wild ass) approximate calculations a good angled tail
gate will produce 100lbs of force in the downward direction at just 40mph.
That's force on the rear wheels, right where I want it.

Higher speed (>40) IS where I'm looking for the down force. Some of the San
Diego courses can be very speedy and I can feel the tail getting a little
loose in the sweepers. At lower speeds and tighter turns I can only trust
the tires and suspension will hold the 4200lbs.

Jay W