Re: Automatic car washers

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 10:39:41 EST

At 10:21 AM 3/11/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I have never ran my Dak through one of those automatic car washers. With
>the drought conditions out here in the northeast I am not allow to hand wash
>it. Is it safe to run the Dak through an automatic car wash? Will the
>antenna get damaged since it is not retractable? What is a typical tip for
>those guys that do the wipe down when you exit the washer?
>Thanks, Ken

If you use an auto. car wash, use one that's touchless (no brushes or clothes).
You should be able to just screw your antenna off and put it back
after you're through. These types of washes have a hot air blow dryer
at the end but I stop and do a wipe with a chamois and put the antenna
back on after I've gone through. I use mainly these washers in the winter
when temps are just above freezing ... not cold enough to freeze the water
but too cold to do a hand wash.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG