Can't get my "hub" nuts off. 88 dakota 4WD

From: joe@dokes.com
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 11:39:42 EST

The goal is to take the front axle off the truck in order to replace
the failing oil pump See thread "88 dakota 3.9L erratic oil pressure".
The Tech manual calls for removal of the axle before you can drop the
oil pan. I've broken 2 wrenches trying to get the hub nuts off.

Questions?
1 Are the hub nuts reverse threaded?

2 Can I use heat to persuade them without dammaging anything,

        i.e. oxy actelyne the propane torch was a joke

3 If I destroy the nuts in order to get them off , can I source

        out new ones. Havent contacted the dealer yet.

4 Is this whole procedure the prefered method to remove the oil

        pan or am I totally off course.

Thanks in advance the group is a valuable "braintrust" when it comes
to dakotas

Joe