Re: AOL 7.0 Attn: Bill

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 20:14:08 EST

In a message dated 3/15/02 7:11:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, DRD892@aol.com
writes:

<< Yes, I am using AOL 7.0. I really like the program but I have not figured
 out how to respond to a DML message without creating a new message
 with address. If I click on "Reply" the message will bomb out at the DML.
 I think it has something to do with AOL attaching HTML to the message.
 Jon can probably explain it better than me. >>

Here's how you do that. Highlight the text you want to copy into your
response. Right click and hit, "copy". Then, while that same text is still
highlighted, hit Reply. It' will open up a response for you with the text
you want, unfortubately with some blue html garbage.

Delete the paragraph you've just copied and then right click "Paste". You
will then have copied the text you want, without any html coding. It's
simpler than it sounds. I've gotten it down to a couple of seconds. And
make sure you have the font in your e-mail set to Arial 10.

IMHO, unless you have to run Aol 7.0 (Windows XP users have no choice), I
would stick with 5.0. If I've confused the heck out of anyone, e-mail me off
list or IM me.

Bill White - 2002 Quad Cab 4x4, 4.7, 5 speed, 3.92's, Airaid